Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign- “Love Your Breast, Stay Abreast”(Part 2)

During the exhibition,
I was first assigned with the task to approach the public.
It was really horrible & terrible…
and it really upset when rejected & refused by the public,
while still showing smile and say “thank you”.

Normally,
the lame excuses will be…
“No time…No time…”
“I heard about it before…”
“I will come back later…”

The WORST thing is…
some of them don’t even look at you!!!

One of my colleagues commented:
“if one day I would ever see back those people in my clinic, I will  never treat them and ask them go back home!”

In fact,
he is just kinda pissed off
with those who are not concern & interested to know about their own health.

Then,
I changed my responsibility to demonstrate and explain about self-breast examination.

Yet,
there are still some of them who concern about it.
I feel proud to the 2 mothers whom I presented to,
and brought their daughters along for the self-breast examination demonstration.
At least,
They are concern toward their own health,
and their daughters too.
This are those health concerned and educated people.

Here,
I would clarified again,
Breast cancer and breast tumor DO NOT necessary occur in old women,
Instead,
most of the benign tumor cases occur in age of 18-40.

Based on my observation,
most of the people rejected us
either they are afraid of donation,
or they are afraid of facing the truth of self-breast examination,
They are in denial that they won’t get it.

At the end of the day,
after repeating the dialogue and demonstration hundred times,
I could actually memorize the whole paragraph and explanation.

Overall,
I really feel proud toward myself and my fellow colleagues,
as WE able to educate and teach the public regarding breast cancer,
though we did it as a charity and it was a non-profit campaign.
I think that this would benefit the people, especially among the women and girl.

“90% of the early detection can be cured.”







No comments:

Post a Comment